The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (released as The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro in some markets) is a 2014 American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man, directed by Marc Webb and released by Columbia Pictures. It serves as a sequel to the 2012 film The Amazing Spider-Man and was announced in 2011. The studio hired James Vanderbilt to write the screenplay and Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci to re-write it. Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Campbell Scott, Embeth Davidtz, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti and Sally Field star.
- Andrew Garfield ase Spider-Man / Peter Parker: An orphaned teenage boy who received amazing spidr-powers after being bitten by a genetically altered spider. Peter first uses his powers to hunt down the killer of his uncle in The Amazing Spider-Man but soon decides to use his powers to fight crime as the vigilante known as Spider-Man. Garfield explained that the suit that he will wear in the film will be undergoing a new design. Garfield hopes to bring back the theme of him being an orphan stating, "I wanna keep exploring that theme of being fatherless, being motherless, searching for purpose and finding a purpose within himself". He felt that it was a responsibility to take on the role and that he does not take it lightly.
- Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy: A high school student and Peter's love interest. When asked about Peter and Gwen's relationship in the sequel, Stone said, "She saves him more than he saves her. She's incredibly helpful to Spider-Man... He's the muscle, she's the brains."
- Jamie Foxx as Electro / Max Dillon: An electrical engineer who works for Oscorp Industries. Foxx described the character as "a nobody" who initially idolizes Spider-Man. He develops an obsession with Spider-Man after being saved by him and obtains his powers through an accident at Oscorp involving electric eels.
- Dane DeHaan as Green Goblin / Harry Osborn: An old friend of Peter and son of Norman Osborn. He was sent away to boarding school around the same time Peter's parents disappeared, and meets him for the first time since then in the film. He eventually assumes the role of the Green Goblin.
- Colm Feore as Donald Menken: A member of the Oscorp board.
- Felicity Jones as Felicia: Harry's assistant.
- Paul Giamatti as Rhino / Aleksei Sytsevich: Giamatti explained that his character has a particular kind of suit. "He’s a Russian mobster. Russians are always good villains. I have an ability to just destroy things,” he said. "My accent is pretty hammy. I loved doing it. It seemed to me like an opportunity to be as over-the-top hammy as possible. It was really fun."
- Sally Field as Aunt May: Peter's aunt.
- Campbell Scott as Richard Parker
- Embeth Davidtz as Mary Parker
- Marton Csokas as Dr. Ashley Kafka: The head of Ravencroft Institute
- Louis Cancelmi as Man in Black Suit
- Max Charles as Young Peter Parker
Chris Cooper portrays Norman Osborn, the president of Oscorp and Harry Osborn's father, while B. J. Novak portrays Alistair Smythe. Denis Leary reprises his role as George Stacy from the first film,. Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee has a cameo appearance as a guest at Peter and Gwen's graduation ceremony. Michael Massee reprises his role as the Man in the Shadows from the first film.